Joan P. Quarm Scholarship
In honor of its founding director, Professor Joan Quarm, the Gilbert and Sullivan Company of El Paso sponsors an annual scholarship competition to support the educational aspirations of students who make important contributions to the Company. The award, in the amount of at least $300, will be applied directly to the educational expenses of the successful candidate.
To the eligible for the scholarship competition, a candidate must:
- be registered student at a regionally accredited institution of higher education;
- have an overall college GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale, or if the candidtae has not yet completed college courses, a high school GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale.
- have participate in an unpaid role in a Gilbert and Sullivan Company of El Paso production within the 12 months prior to the award.
- not have received the award more than once in the past (limited to two awards maximum), and
- exemplify the motto of the Gilbert and Sullivan Company of El Paso, as originally expressed by Professor Quarm: "if you can't sing it, act it; if you can't act it, sing it; but above all, be nice to each other!"
Please help us in continuing this tradition by making a donation.